Posted November 15, 2022
Position: Forensic Learning Disabilities/ Neuro
Grade: Consultant Psychiatrist
Location: Yorkshire & Humber
Job type: Permanent – Full Time
Start date: ASAP, will accept 3 months notice period
Salary: is up to £148,566.28 depending on experience
We’re currently recruiting for a new permanent Forensic LD/ Neuro Consultant Psychiatrist. This position will be working for an outstanding Private Hospital based in Yorkshire, working in an inpatient setting full time. Consultant will be covering 18 male beds across 2 wards. There is no Specialty Doctor support. There is a 2nd 1:7 on call rota required (subject to review.) The proposed start date is as soon as possible but a 3 months’ notice period is also feasible.
- Peer groups at site.
- Good support for CPD.
- Mentorship programme for medical staff new to the private sector.
- Due to the large size of the company there are some excellent career progression opportunities.
- Each specialisation has a network supporting it which the doctor can become an active part of.
- Generous study leave (including funding).
- You will have your own office and ample administrative support.
- Our independent Employee Assistant Program can offer confidential emotional and practical support and advice to colleagues, 24/7.
- Private health insurance.
- Company pension scheme.
To be eligible for this position, you will need the following:
- A full GMC license to practice in the UK
- To be on the Specialist Register
- Be an Approved Clinician and have Section 12 approval.
About Yorkshire and Humber:
Yorkshire and The Humber is one of the smaller of the nine regions of England, covering Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Hull and York. Outside the major urban areas, you can find quaint villages, ruined abbeys and some of the country’s most stunning stately homes. Famous for its Yorkshire puddings, gravy and Yorkshire tea, this is a beautiful area to visit with family and relatives for a relaxed get away!
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail with every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
- Exclusive access to new vacancies
- The best possible salary, and all negotiations taken care of on your behalf
- Stringent onboarding process
- Fixed-term contracts for candidates that are not on the specialist register
- All options will be made available to you
- Receive up to £250 for every permanent psychiatrist you recommend
- Exclusive discount codes
For more information or to apply to this position, please contact Lilly Ann Farrer on 01277 245 953 or email LillyAnn.Farrer@athona.com. If this role isn’t quite the right fit, get in contact to talk to me about your requirements and register you CV.