Posted May 18, 2023
Position: Forensic psychiatrist
Grade: Specialty doctor
Location: North West
Job type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £85,000 per annum
We’re currently recruiting for a new permanent Forensic Doctor in Psychiatry. This position will be working for an outstanding Private Hospital based in the North West of England, supporting 2 consultants who have 40 patients between them all in a MSU. There is 1:5 contracted first on call with ample opportunity to do extra paid on call within the service and the proposed start date is as soon as possible.
To be eligible for this position, you will need the following:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams.
- To be in good CPD standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists and to have had an appraisal within the last year.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within PICU and forensic psychiatry (desirable).
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- MRCPsych (desirable)
What you will get
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
Athona is one of the UKs leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and Trusts nationwide. After almost two decades in the business, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail with every candidate that we place, and we believe that there is an art to being a good recruiter. This is what we call ‘The Art of Recruitment.’
Exclusive access to new vacancies
The best possible salary, and all negotiations taken care of on your behalf
Stringent onboarding process
Fixed-term contracts for candidates that are not on the specialist register
All options will be made available to you
Receive up to £250 for every permanent psychiatrist you recommend
Exclusive discount codes
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today. If this role isn’t quite the right fit, speak to one of our recruitment consultants about your requirements and register your CV.