Posted February 8, 2024
Athona Recruitment have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a General Adult Consultant to work for a private hospital based in the North East, Durham. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care to 12 female acute beds
As the responsible clinician for the ward, you will provide clinical expertise and leadership. You will be responsible for the care of patients on the ward, supported in the role by a multidisciplinary team, including nursing staff and an advance clinical practitioner, with input from occupational therapy and psychology. The ward will typically receive referrals from the community for admission and occasionally from psychiatric intensive care units for discharge planning. With the ward, you will be responsible for prompt triage of referrals.
Salary: £158,696 per annum
Position: General Adult Consultant
Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: 12 bed female acute unit
Location: North East, Durham
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Offering Clinical Leadership in collaboration with Ward Manager
- Ensuring Ward is complaint with Organisational and Regulatory requirements
- Attending ward governance meetings with ward manager
- Working with organisational quality improvement (QPIs) initiatives
- Attending Monthly governance meetings.
What benefits are on offer?
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Study leave & support with CPD opportunities
- Supportive consultant peer group
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- MBBS or Equivalent Medical Degree and MRCPsych
- CCT/CESR in Rehabilitation/Adult Psychiarty
- Full GMC registration with license to practice
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental capacity Act 2005 and Code of Practice
- Committed to continued professional development
- Able to work collaboratively as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 286 021