Posted February 12, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a General Adult PD Consultant working for a private secure service based in the East of England. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care to 12 beds.
Salary: £154,000 per annum
Position: General Adult Personality Disorder Consultant
Hours: Full time
Setting: Covering 12 bed
Location: East of England
As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that clients receive a holistic and person-centric care and treatment programme based on the recovery model. You will also be dedicated to providing high quality clinical care for patients referred to and using the services of the hospital.
As a member of the Medical Directorate, you will be responsible for advising the wider team on psychiatric and medical concerns, which will see you design and deliver training to staff of all disciplines, in particular, the medical staff.
You will have the opportunity for regular career development to ensure you’re on the cutting edge and at the top of your game. You’ll have access to excellent CPD, plus access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre consultants.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients, including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983).
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of patients.
- Contributing to management meetings and clinical governance meetings for the services provided at the hospital and contributing to the development of service strategy.
- Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior medical staff.
- Maintaining CPD and re-validation requirements, as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies.
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Be medically qualified, MRC Psych or equivalent
- Be innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- Have essential understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Have substantial knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary issues in mental health, knowledge of and experience in purchaser/provider contractual issues
- Have previous Consultant experience in a management role
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.