Posted February 13, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a General Adult Consultant working for a private secure service based in the South West. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care to 16 female beds.
Salary: £154,000 per annum + £8,400 car allowance
Position: General Adult Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Adult acute
Location: South West
To be a successful Consultant Psychiatrist, you will have experience in General Adult settings and have experience of working in a multidisciplinary team. You will also have experience of working within acute inpatient or community settings, ideally inpatient settings and have experience in risk assessment and risk management.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure that patients have access to appropriate treatment
- Undertaking psychiatric assessments of patients referred to your unit to determine an appropriate care pathway
- Contribute to service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities such as Quality Improvement projects, audits, research, and teaching
- Provide oral and written evidence at First Tier Tribunals and Hospital Managers’ hearings
- Liaise closely, and form good working relationships, with external stakeholders such as Provider Collaboratives, across the country
- Active participation in relevant fora (e.g. staff forum, Secure Women’s Network, Provider Collaborative Clinical Oversight Groups, National Secure ABI forum etc.)
What benefits are on offer?
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Full GMC registration
- To be on the specialist register for general adult or forensic psychiatry
- Experience working in psychiatry within multidisciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To be up to date with your appraisals
- Experience working within brain injury/women’s/forensic/acute services
- Section 12(2) approval
- Current Approved Clinician status
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.