General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist

  • Yorkshire and Humber
  • Negotiable
  • Locum/Temporary
  • Consultant

Posted April 4, 2024

As a Consultant General Adult working for an NHS trust in Yorkshire and Humber, your proposed hours will be Monday – Friday, 9-5 in a community mental health team. This role is a full-time position and will commence on 9th May 2024 for six months. To be considered for this role, applicants will need full GMC registration, an enhanced DBS, Section 12, AC Status and be on the Specialist Register.

Responsibilities of the role

When working in this post, you will have responsibility for the community mental health team with a current total case-load of approximately 35 patients. It is expected that clinical contact will comprise 75% of the working week with the other 25% dedicated to administration, CPD and service development.

Who you’re working for

We provide a whole host of NHS mental health and learning disability services and our portfolio includes community services, such as sexual health, district nursing and health visitors, as well as our hospice and our Aspire drug and alcohol service.

About the location

Yorkshire and The Humber is one of the smaller of the nine regions of England, covering Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Hull and York. Outside the major urban areas, you can find quaint villages, ruined abbeys and some of the country’s most stunning stately homes. Famous for its Yorkshire puddings, gravy and Yorkshire tea, this is a beautiful area to visit with family and relatives for a relaxed getaway.

Why work with Athona?

Athona is one of the UK’s leading on-framework healthcare recruitment agencies, with a reputation for building professional and personable relationships with our candidates and clients at Trusts and Services nationwide. With over 20 years of experience in this field, we pride ourselves on taking great care and detail in every candidate we place, this is what we call, ‘The Art of Recruitment.’

  • We’re CPD accredited
  • Referral scheme – receive up to £250 for every doctor recommendation
  • Industry-leading revalidation and appraisal support team
  • Choose your payment option and what type of worker you will be; whether to become a Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Umbrella or Limited Company worker

Please click apply to express your interest in this job role.

Upload your CV/resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 50 MB.

Refer-a-friend