Posted January 22, 2024
Athona Recruitment have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a General Adult Specialty Doctor to work for a private hospital based the South East. This is a full-time role, working on a male PICU ward, supported by two Consultants.
Salary: £70,000 per annum
Position: General Adult
Hours: Full time
Setting: Male PICU ward
Location: South East
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Undertake paper reviews and/or external psychiatric assessments for clients referred to the unit to determine the appropriateness of the referral and to initiate the care planning
- Provide medical input to management of inpatients under consultant supervision
- Prepare discharge summaries, reports and other associated documentation as necessary, in a timely manner
- Support the (sessional) GP in delivering physical health care and emergency treatment to patients who may have complex needs
- Participate in morning MDT handovers
- Work in collaboration with the MDT to monitor day to day progress and review care plans as needed
- Participate in weekly MDT reviews, complete risk assessments and follow up on agreed actions
- Liaise with professionals external to the hospital.
What benefits are on offer?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing by a further 2 days after 5 years’ service.)
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a wide variety of care
- Free Parking on site
- Supplemented meals on duty
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Long service awards
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Current GMC registration with license to practice
- Clinical skills and competencies consistent with experience of at least 2 years in psychiatry
- Appraisal or RITA within last 12 months
- Section 12 approval
- Experience of working in PICU or secure setting and/or with Personality Disorder patients
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011