Posted August 25, 2023
Currently we have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Medical Director / Consultant Psychiatrist to work for a private women’s mental health hospital based in North West. This is a full-time position with 0.2 WTE as Medical Director and 0.8 WTE as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
In this role, you’ll combine clinical expertise with sound strategic acumen and inspiring leadership to oversee the delivery of the very best care – full supported by a Specialty Doctor and first-class multidisciplinary team.
Salary: £160,000 per annum
Position: Medical Director / Consultant Psychiatrist
Hours: 40 hours per week
Setting: Female mental health hospital
Location: North West
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Lead on all aspects of clinical practice & serve as an example of operational excellence
- Ensure optimal clinical outcomes for the people in our care
- Provide expert knowledge & support within the service & to the wider team
- Ensure quality & compliance with internal & external standards & regulations
- Work with colleagues to provide integrated, whole person treatment & care
- Coach, mentor & train colleagues
What benefits are on offer?
- 32 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 5 Study leave & support with CPD opportunities
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
- Relocation package will also be considered
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Fully GMC registered with a relevant medical qualification
- Registered on the specialist register (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in adult psychiatry & mental health diagnosis
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- An accomplished leader & clinician with strong line management & communication skills
- Experienced within a mental health setting and a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of clinical governance
- Skilled in medical appraisals, clinical supervision, case investigation & case management
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.