Posted January 30, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Rehabilitation Consultant to work for a private inpatient service based in the North East. This is a full-time role in which the postholder will be responsible for providing psychiatric care and leadership to a 13-bed female rehabilitation ward.
The hospital is a 101 bedded mental hospital located in the North East. The team pride themselves on providing individualised treatment and care for people with complex mental health needs of adult working age, in a safe and supportive environment.
Salary: £158,696.00 per annum
Position: Rehabilitation Consultant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Female rehabilitation ward
Location: North East
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Previous Consultant experience is desirable but not essential
- You must be a Responsible/Approved Clinician
- You must hold a CCST/CCT or equivalent and have experience of working in inpatient settings with people with significant mental health difficulties
- Valid GMC registration
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development
- A positive attitude and commitment to quality improvement
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice
- The post-holder will be expected to participate in our out of hours on call rota (currently 1 week in 8), providing 2nd on call advice to the entire hospital. supported by a first on call tier. The post-holder will also provide cross-cover to a colleague on a buddy system.
What benefits are on offer?
- You will have your own office and good admin support.
- A dedicated Advanced Practitioner to support your clinical duties.
- On-site GP Services.
- You will have generous annual leave entitlement
- Birthday Holiday, your birthday as an extra day annual leave.
- Subsidised meals on site
- Opportunity for career development within the Priory Healthcare network.
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training.
- There will be opportunity to take a lead role within the hospital.
- Access to funded CPD courses relevant to the role.
- Support from a Senior Manager’s out of hours on call system.
- Cohesive Medical Team.
- Access to training through our on-line Priory Academy.
- Access to site’s Wellbeing fund.
- Our independent Employee Assistant Programme can offer confidential emotional and practical support and advice to colleagues, 24/7.
- Company pension scheme.
- Online benefits and cashback rewards.
- Free on-site parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.