Posted January 30, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Rehabilitation Consultant to work for a private inpatient service based in the West Midlands. This is a Part-time role working 18.75 hours per week in which the postholder will be responsible for providing psychiatric care and leadership to a 10-bed female R&R service (HDU/Complex Care)
The hospital benefits from a stable and established MDT which includes the Medical team, OT, Psychology, Nurses, HCAs and Ward Managers. The hospital offers a range of assessments, treatments and interventions with a strong focus on patient collaboration in decision making and working with people in the least restrictive way.
Salary: £75,000 per annum
Position: Rehabilitation Consultant
Hours: Part time 18.75 hours per week
Setting: Female rehabilitation ward
Location: West Midlands
This vacancy for a part-time Consultant Psychiatrist is a new addition within the model of our hospital to compliment our existing medical work force and has a maximum caseload of 11 R&R patients. Working alongside our established full-time Consultant Psychiatrist, you would lead a multidisciplinary team of professionals from nursing, psychology, and occupational therapy and a Junior Doctor, who will form part of the MDT.
Due to this being a new post within the hospital, working hours can be discussed at interview and we are able to consider flexible working hours and some remote working time.
There is strong governance structure within the hospital and region, and the successful applicant will be expected to take an active role in service and quality development activities and to participate in governance meetings and Service Line meetings, as necessary.
The hospital operates a non-residential medical on call rota and the post holder is expected to participate on the on-call rota.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Full registration with a licence to practise with the GMC is required.
- Those trained in the UK should have evidence of higher specialist training leading to CCT or be within 6 months of confirmed entry from date of interview or eligibility for specialist registration (CESR).
- Candidates must have a higher medical qualification (MRCPsych or equivalent) and must have maintained Section 12, Approved Clinician and Responsible Clinician status.
What benefits are on offer?
- 30 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rota)
- Birthday Holiday – Your Birthday as an extra day’s annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Life Assurance
- Medical indemnity cover
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- CPD support
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised meals on duty (only £1 per meal)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Online Benefits and Cashback rewards
- Active involvement within the medical peer network including local educational meetings
- Support from a full time Speciality Doctor and full time Medical Secretary
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfil your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.