Posted February 5, 2024
Athona Recruitment have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a Rehabilitation Specialty Doctor to work for the NHS based in the North West. This is a full-time 10 PA’s role – 45 bedded low secure unit.
Salary: £52,530 – £82,400 Per annum
Position: Rehabilitation Specialty Doctor
Hours: Full time – 10 PA’s per week
Setting: 45 bedded low secure unit. Support – 2 x Consultants & MDT
Location: North West
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide the routine medical and psychiatric care to up to 23 inpatients on the LSU. This will involve taking the initial histories, regularly reviewing the patients’ mental state and physical health, writing prescriptions, collecting and compiling information from other sources re: previous psychiatric history, medication history, and risk events, writing admission summaries within 2 weeks of admission, and discharge summaries no less than 2 weeks following discharge, writing reports for CPA reviews, and letters.
- Regularly assess the clinical state of the patients and be involved in psychological and/or family-based therapies, depending on the appointee’s agreement, training and interests. Undertake yearly physical health assessments/ examinations/ investigations, in keeping with guidance on the physical monitoring of long-stay inpatients.
- Attend monthly Clinical Team Meetings, contribute to the multi-disciplinary review of the patients, take notes and document on the electronic recording system PARIS.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- MBBS or equivalent qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC with a license to practise at the time of appointment.
- Working extensively in multi-disciplinary teams in general adult psychiatry at basic trainee level.
- MRCPsych or equivalent recognized by Royal College of Psychiatrists
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Experience of assessing and managing clinical risk
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 286 021