Posted March 7, 2023
Position: Senior health care assistant
Working hours and shift patterns: 37.5 hours a week – Nights shifts – 19.45 – 08:15 to include alternate weekends
Salary: £12.59 per hour
Athona’s Nursing division has a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an outstanding care facility as a Senior health care assistant to work nights and to join the team.
- Providing direct person-centred care to all residents, promoting their individuality and dignity always
- Administering medication.
- Assisting residents with social activities by interacting with them, encouraging them to continue with or take up new hobbies and activities such as those organised by the Activities Coordinator or assistants.
- Leading, supporting and mentoring the team of care assistants on shift and support the nurse on duty to organise and supervise their work
- Performing, reporting and recording, following training, clinical observations of residents’ temperature, pulse, breathing, height and weight.
- Obtaining urine, stool and sputum samples, as requested by the GP or RGN in charge.
- Performing simple urinalysis following training.
If this job sounds of interest to you, get in touch by applying today. If this role isn’t quite the right fit, get in touch to discuss your requirements and register your CV.