Posted September 4, 2023
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for an Addictions Specialty Doctor to work for a private substance misuse service in the North East. This is a full-time role, where you will contribute to the service to ensure that service users consistently receive high quality services that adhere to the best guidelines and achieve high professional standards.
The general working hours are 9am – 5pm and there are no on call requirements.
Salary: Up to £95,980.00 per annum
Position: Addictions Specialty Doctor
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Outpatient setting
Location: North East
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- To provide a clinical assessment, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation, of a wide range of substance misusers presenting to the service
- To keep accurate appropriate and up-to-date medical and administrative documentation including computer records
- To liaise closely with other relevant professionals and organisations including non-statutory addiction services, adult psychiatric services, general practitioners, medical colleagues, Social Services and Prison Services
- Initiate appropriate prescribing regimes to clients in line with national legislation/guidance and provide specialist prescribing assessments to opiate, stimulant, tranquilizer, barbiturate, alcohol dependent clients
- Work with other team members to ensure effective administration in terms of record keeping, discharge summaries and correspondence to other relevant bodies
- Conduct phlebotomy tests if required and support nursing team in ensuring that the maximum number of service users are tested for BBVs and vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B
- Support nursing team to titrate patients safely on to a treatment regime
- Attend multidisciplinary meetings, promoting the nomination of named link workers and actively supporting the implementation of integrated care pathways
What benefits are on offer?
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service
- Paid ‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Protected CPD time
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Medical Degree and completion of Basic Medical Training and Full GMC UK Registration with License to Practice
- Experience in delivering evidence-based treatments in Substance Misuse
- Good knowledge of addiction psychiatry and legislation relating to Mental Health
- Demonstrable evidence of effective communication skills
- Knowledge of the issues facing substance misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues
- Show a capacity to work alone and the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Proven ability to liaise and maintain a professional relationship with a diverse range of people
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfils your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with James on 01277 246 889.