Posted January 29, 2024
We have an excellent permanent job opportunity for a (Young) Adult Eating Disorder Consultant working for a private secure service based in the South East, Sussex. This is a full-time role, providing psychiatric care for up to 12 young adults aged between 18-25.
Salary: £154,000 per annum
Position: (Young) Adult Eating Disorder
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Setting: Up to 12 bed young adults aged between 18-25
Location: South East, Sussex
The hospitals aim is to deliver, treat and empower each young person to live a safe and independent life and reach their individual potential. The hospital is also committed to making families and friends an active part in each young person’s recovery process. For this role you will have to be registered on the Specialist Register for Adult Mental Health Services with a license to practise and have experience of working with and leading multidisciplinary teams.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Review referrals and determine appropriateness for admission
- Conduct Admission assessment and ensure effective management plans of all patients on the unit
- Conduct risk assessment and review regularly
- Allocate specialist psychological treatments in line with individual need
- Assess physical health – taking special responsibility for medical issues
- Supervising and directing the work of other staff who treat the patients.
- Ensuring effective liaison with referring/community teams, specialists and Commissioners.
- Facilitating regular CPA, professionals and family meetings
- Act as Responsible Clinician for patients detained under the Mental Health Act.
- Take part in the On-Call Consultant rota, approximately one in six,
- Involvement in quality, inspections and governance processes
- Maintaining professional development, Annual Appraisals and Revalidation.
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
For this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Registered on the GMC Specialist Register for Adult Psychiatry with a licence to practise.
- Experience of Eating Disorders desirable
- Section 12 (2) approval
- AC status
What can Athona offer you?
- Experts in the psychiatry sector offering a professional and supportive service
- Nationwide vacancies available in the NHS and private sector, many exclusive to Athona
- Provide support from start to finish, including negotiations on terms and onboarding
- Overseas support for candidates not familiar with the UK
- A supportive team who truly care about your career, taking the time to understand your needs and help you achieve your aspirations
- Support beyond placement, making sure you’re happy with your new job and it continues to fulfil your career goals.
Interested? Simply apply above today to enjoy these excellent career prospects and reap the rewards of making a real difference to others, every day.
If you are interested in learning more about this job role or any other opportunities through Athona, get in touch with Frankie on 01277 286 011.